When Marvel Legacy launched last year, Marvel Comics used it to bring back a number of classic cancelled series for one last issue, in keeping with their old numbering, It was just a bit of fun, they included Power Pack and Darkhawk and they announced Dazzler #43 as one of them.
But it never happened. The others did, just not… Dazzler. No explanation or even acknowledgement was given.
Well, I never forget a cover. And Marvel have just announced this one-shot for June.
There’s never been a cooler time to be a mutant in the Brooklyn punk scene, especially with DAZZLER and her new band taking center stage – and this June, Marvel is bringing you a new energetic epic from Eisner-nominated writer Magdalene Visaggio with art by Laura Braga (Captain Marvel, Superior Iron Man, Punisher).
It’s all glitter and glamour in the underground punk scene…until Dazzler stumbles upon a part of her world that’s dangerous and violent. Now, it’s up to Dazzler to protect her dedicated Inhuman fans, even if doing so means that she has to turn to her own past for clues and answers.
“Dazzler has always been one of my favorite X-Men, and one of the most sadly underutilized,” said Visaggio. “She’s been wandering for so long, and I’m so excited to help bring her back to her musical roots and the X-family. Anyone who knows my work knows how much I love to frontline women who quite literally rock, and I hope me and Laura can bring some of that same energy and positivity to Dazzler.”
This June, get ready for a one-shot filled with music and mayhem from one of Marvel’s most talented mutants when DAZZLER: X SONG #1 hits comic shops!
DAZZLER: X SONG #1
Written by MAGDALENE VISAGGIO
Art by LAURA BRAGA
Cover by ELIZABETH TORQUE
On Sale 6/6/18
- Amazing Spider-Man #1, Tony Stark: Iron Man #2, and Immortal Hulk #3 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - July 19, 2018
- Jodie Whittaker’s New Sonic Screwdriver Revealed at San Diego Comic-Con – and Where You Can Buy It - July 19, 2018
- Titans TV Series for DC Universe Will Drop 10 Episodes at Once Like Netflix - July 19, 2018
- Get Your Geek Nutbutter on at San Diego Comic-Con Tonight - July 19, 2018
- Superman Receives Guinness World Record for Longest-Running Superhero Comic at SDCC - July 19, 2018