Comic book artist Chris Bachalo’s wife, Helen Bachalo, died on February 28th, after being diagnosed with cancer of the colon late last year.
On behalf of her and their son Dylan, Chris Bachalo is raising money in her memory for causes close to her. Orangewood Foundation: Foster and Community Youth Services and Detroit Catholic Central High School, where their son attends.
In a moving tribute to Helen Bachalo’s life, Chris says,
People have reached out to ask how they can help. We would be grateful that in her passing, Helen would inspire a generosity that we could share with others and that –we hope– will make someone else’s life a little better. All funds generated through this site will be evenly donated to these two worthwhile institutions.
Thank you to all of those that have shared your thoughts and prayers via tweets, texts, emails and greeting cards. They have all been well received and extremely helpful in guiding us through the difficult journey that we’ve been on.
If you’ve ever met Helen. If she’s ever brought a smile to your face, made you laugh, if you’ve ever enjoyed watching her son play hockey or baseball. If you’ve ever enjoyed any of my work on Shade, Death, Generation X, Steampunk, X-Men, Dr. Strange or Spider-Man, we’d be grateful for any contribution that you could share in her memory.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris and Dylan. I’ve made a donation and I invite you to do likewise. Current donors include Albert Moy, Kelly Thompson, Christina Strain, and Richard Starkings.
- Deadpool Toilet Seat Covers from SDCC Hotels Are Being Sold for $40 Each on eBay - July 18, 2018
- Joshua Middleton’s Cover to Batgirl #25 as Tom Derenick Joins the Team - July 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock #1 Goes to Fourth Printing, #2 to Third, and Titans #23 to Second - July 18, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Batman #50 and Catwoman #1 Fully Returnable, #SorryNotSorry - July 18, 2018
- Wonder Woman and Justice League Dark: The Witching Hour – DC’s 5-Week Event for Hallowe’en - July 18, 2018