Comic book artist Chris Bachalo’s wife, Helen Bachalo, died on February 28th, after being diagnosed with cancer of the colon late last year.
On behalf of her and their son Dylan, Chris Bachalo is raising money in her memory for causes close to her. Orangewood Foundation: Foster and Community Youth Services and Detroit Catholic Central High School, where their son attends.
In a moving tribute to Helen Bachalo’s life, Chris says,
People have reached out to ask how they can help. We would be grateful that in her passing, Helen would inspire a generosity that we could share with others and that –we hope– will make someone else’s life a little better. All funds generated through this site will be evenly donated to these two worthwhile institutions.
Thank you to all of those that have shared your thoughts and prayers via tweets, texts, emails and greeting cards. They have all been well received and extremely helpful in guiding us through the difficult journey that we’ve been on.
If you’ve ever met Helen. If she’s ever brought a smile to your face, made you laugh, if you’ve ever enjoyed watching her son play hockey or baseball. If you’ve ever enjoyed any of my work on Shade, Death, Generation X, Steampunk, X-Men, Dr. Strange or Spider-Man, we’d be grateful for any contribution that you could share in her memory.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris and Dylan. I’ve made a donation and I invite you to do likewise. Current donors include Albert Moy, Kelly Thompson, Christina Strain, and Richard Starkings.
- Want to See Infinity War with Donny Cates and Jim Zub or Deadpool 2 with Fabian Nicieza? - April 19, 2018
- The ComiXology Version of Action Comics #1000 is Missing Important Pages - April 19, 2018
- Esad Ribic’s Cover for Fantastic Four #1 – and Reed is Keeping the Beard - April 19, 2018
- Venom #1 Relaunch from Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman Tops Advance Reorders - April 19, 2018
- Thanos Goes to Fourth and Third Printings, Domino, Hawkeye, and X-Men Red Get Seconds - April 19, 2018