Some awesome news dropped today at SXSW during the Sonic The Hedgehog panel as Sega heads revealed there will be a new game released this summer called Sonic Mania Plus. Just to get the necessary bits out of the way, yes, this is the original Sonic Mania that was released last year but with a bunch of new content added in what will be a physical release for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. The game will be adding two new characters in the form of Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel, as well as a four-player Competitive Mode and something called “Encore Mode” that wasn’t defined during the Gotta Go Fast: The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Panel.
Two of the cool things about the physical edition is that you’ll be getting a 32-page booklet that comes complete with instructions, artwork, and other lovely tidbits for fans of the series, while the cover of the box has a reversible sleeve to make it look like an old Mega-Drive/Genesis cartridge case. Pre-orders for the game will start on March 20th for the decent price of $30, but no official release date was attached to it beyond “Summer 2018”. Hopefully, we’ll get a taste of the game at Sega’s E3 booth this year.
- Review: Reaching Younger Readers with Sonic The Hedgehog
- SXSW Reveals the 2018 Gaming Awards Winners
- Sonic the Hedgehog's Future to Be Revealed at SXSW
- Sonic the Hedgehog Runs Once More: IDW Publishing April 2018 Solicitations
- The Steam Awards Nominations Announced Ahead Of Voting Opening Today
- Mega Man 11 Has Been Announced, and It's Coming Late Next Year
- A Hat In Time Is Set To Launch On Console This December
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD’s My Passport Ultra - April 20, 2018
- The Legend Of Bum-Bo is Getting a Proper Release in 2018 - April 20, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network - April 20, 2018
- More Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumors Say Game Will Be Like Overwatch - April 20, 2018
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018