Captain Marvel has apparently lost a cast member. According to Deadline DeWanda Wise has left the Marvel production due to scheduling conflicts with her Netflix show She’s Gotta Have It.
DeWanda Wise is no longer attached to Disney’s Captain Marvel, the MCU superhero tentpole that stars Brie Larson. Scheduling conflicts with her Netflix series She’s Gotta Have It are the culprit here, we’re told by sources close to the production.
Wise was cast in the movie back in January, but it seems that she won’t be able to move ahead with the production. Although her role was unknown, many assumed that she would be playing Monica Rambeau. At the moment we don’t know who will replace her, but considering how late in the game this is we can assume we’ll know soon.
Captain Marvel, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, will also star Brie Larson, Jude Law, Gemma Chan, Samuel L. Jackson. The film is set for release on March 8th, 2019.
- Marvel Studios and New Era Team Up For Exclusive Infinity War Crew Cap
- Batman: The Animated Series Joker and Harley Quinn Statues Coming From Kotobukiya
- Loki Gets Another Hot Toys Release, This One from Ragnarok
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018