Hearthstone‘s first update for Year of the Raven is the Witchwood expansion, which brings two new types of decks to the game. To answer questions about how those two decks will work, Lead Designer Dead Ayala hosted Blizzard’s latest Hearthside Chat about the even-and-odd-cost decks.
To start out, Witchwood decks will have two new neutral Legendary cards which enable players to fully embrace the Even-and-Odd-cost mechanic. Those two cards are based on the principle characters of the Witchwood expansion’s story, Baku the Mooneater and Genn Greymane.
Baku the Mooneater tasks players with building a deck of only odd-cost cards, and then rewards them by increasing their starting hero power.
Genn Greymane tasks players with building a deck of only even-cost cards, then rewards them by reducing the cost of their starting hero power to 1 mana.
The Witchwood includes other cards as well that benefit from having only even- or odd-cost cards in a deck, which were also revealed in the Hearthside Chat:
- Black Cat
- Gloom Stag
- Murkspark Eel
- Glitter Moth
You can check out all six new cards in the gallery below.
The Witchwood is also going to be the subject of a livestream on Monday, March 26 at 11:00 a.m. (PT) on the Hearthstone Twitch Channel.
You can check out the newest Hearthside Chat to pick up some deckbuilding and strategy hints from Dean Ayala below.
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018
- Fortnite’s Mysterious Rifts are Now Spawning Item Drops - July 9, 2018
- Holographic Popstar Hatsune Miku Joins the Cast of Master of Eternity - July 9, 2018