WB dropped a bunch of Ready Player One stuff today, including a new trailer and two new posters, as well as the launch of a mobile game that ties into the film. There was also an aural treat — one that RP1 fans have been looking forward to for quite some time.
The first piece of composer Alan Silvestri‘s Ready Player One score.
Listed as the “Main Title Theme”, the piece was premiered on WB’s music side, WaterTower Music, over on YouTube. It’s triumphant, it’s got horns. But is it inspiring enough?
Don’t expect to hear any callbacks to notable works, however, as director Steven Spielberg said of the score:
“While all sorts of culturally iconic references populate Ready Player One, the score that Alan Silvestri composed is completely and intoxicatingly original. It’s bound together by multiple themes that identify plot and character and is infused by such percussive adrenaline and soaring strings that Alan has made Ready Player One appear to fly.”
Listen for yourself:
“An invitation to travel arrived just about a year ago, not just to a place, but to a time. Actually, to a number of times — primarily the year 2045, along with a few stops in the ’80s. A rather detailed map had been drawn by Ernest Cline and the Captain of the voyage, none other than Mr. Spielberg himself. What could one possibly do or say? Pencil in hand, one firmly fastens one’s seatbelt, says ‘Sir, Yes, Sir,’ and prepares for the trip of a lifetime.”
WaterTower Music will be releasing the RP1 for streaming and download on March 30th, with a two-CD version hitting shelves on April 6th and a double vinyl available July 19th (during SDCC, so that’s news!).
Today was press junket day for Ready Player One in Los Angeles, and photos from the event are starting to come in. One of our personal favorites? Why, that’d be Spielberg playing Space Invaders, of course.
— Ready Player One (@readyplayerone) March 15, 2018
Also, tickets officially went on sale today for Ready Player One, which opens worldwide on March 29th.
- [SPOILERS] Let's Talk About Ready Player One: Spielberg Goes Guns-to-Radios Again
- In the Book: Ready Player One Key Quests and Gates Were Way Harder
- Listen to 'The OASIS' by Alan Silvestri from Ready Player One Soundtrack
- Watch: Steven Spielberg Introduces Ready Player One to London IMAX Audience
- Book Review: Ready Player One is a Love Letter to the '80s
- Here's The Thing About 'Ready Player One' Haters- They're Wrong
- Marvel Studios and New Era Team Up For Exclusive Infinity War Crew Cap
- Batman: The Animated Series Joker and Harley Quinn Statues Coming From Kotobukiya
- Loki Gets Another Hot Toys Release, This One from Ragnarok
- 'Ready Player One' Releases 'Dreamer' Trailer, Yes There's Some New Footage
- Watch: 'Ready Player One' Author Ernie Cline Thanks Fans in New Video
- Check Out These Ready Player One Magic Eye Posters from #SXSW
- First Reactions for 'Ready Player One' Are in From #SXSW
- Ready Player One LIVE at #SXSW Powered by Twitch And IMDB
- Ready Player One World Premiere Will Happen at #SXSW
- These 'Ready Player One' Reimagined Classic Movie Posters Are AMAZING
- Ready Player One: The High Five Announce Hot Topic PopUp Experience, New Footage
- Ready Player One: Final Trailer Full of Pure Imagination
- Ready Player One: Brand New Character Posters Introduce the High Five
- Steven Spielberg and Ernie Cline Talk Ready Player One, Plus NEW FOOTAGE
- Check Out the New International Aquaman “Fish Boy” Trailer - October 16, 2018
- Jonah Hill Interviews His Favorite Actress, Edie Falco - October 16, 2018
- 5 Images from BBC One’s ‘Les Misèrables’ Adaptation - October 16, 2018
- 2019’s ‘The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror XXX will be Episode 666 - October 16, 2018
- Eminem Performs Title ‘Venom’ Track at Empire State Building - October 16, 2018