According to a report from ResetEra (via Games Radar) Ubisoft’s The Crew 2 is hosting a PC closed alpha test today. Ubisoft revealed the sequel at E3 2017 with a trailer confirming that planes, helicopters, and boats have been added to the array of vehicles players can expect to get behind the wheel of in the racer.
This much has been revealed by a post from the ResetEra community member known as “spad3”, who also shared a “closed alpha guide” image from Ubisoft regarding the contents of the forthcoming closed test for The Crew 2, which will take place from March 14 through 19. According to the closed alpha guide, which is pictured below, players taking part in the trial will be able to try out a number of the game’s events through Uplay PC only, and it will include the full map, customization features, as well as a bevy of the title’s various land, sea, and air vehicles.
As indicated in the above closed alpha guide for The Crew 2, fans shouldn’t expect to see footage from the forthcoming test while it’s ongoing, as Ubisoft has stated that the trial version being offered to those giving it a go are under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that video of the title’s gameplay won’t make its way onto the web in some capacity, as there have often been many who decided to break a video game company’s NDAs in the past.
So, while we won’t be seeing any footage coming out of the Alpha test that isn’t from Ubisoft themselves, we might be seeing closed and open Beta periods sometime in the near future. Ubisoft has confirmed that The Crew 2 will be getting an open Beta test, its just a matter of waiting for it now. If this Alpha test goes well, we might see the open Beta within the next two months, after all, The Crew 2 is still slated for a release at some point between April and September of this year for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- The Crew 2 Gets a New Trailer Featuring a Zivko Airplane
- Interactive Gaming Ventures Launched by Former Sony CEO
- Epic Games Adds Test Pattern to Contribute to Meteor Madness - April 25, 2018
- Rumor: Destiny 2 Warmind Could Bring Back Sleeper Simulant - April 25, 2018
- StarCraft II is Adding a Paid Custom Map Marketplace - April 24, 2018
- ICYMI: Here’s What to Expect From Destiny 2’s Warmind Expansion - April 24, 2018
- Battlefield 1 to Stop Monthly Update Cycle This Summer - April 24, 2018