Feral Interactive is bringing Life is Strange: Before the Storm to Mac and Linux systems this spring, meaning all PC gamers will get to experience the beautifully written three-part adventure game in due time. Originally developed by Deck Nine and published by Square Enix on console and Windows PC, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a standalone story set three years before 2015’s left-field hit Life is Strange.
Players take on the role of Chloe Price, a rebellious 16-year-old who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a popular student destined for success. When Rachel learns a family secret that threatens to destroy her world, it is her newfound friendship with Chloe that gives her strength. No longer alone, Chloe and Rachel must confront each other’s demons and find a way to overcome them.
Gameplay mechanics include:
- Choice and consequence driven narrative adventure.
- Multiple endings depending on the choices players make.
- ‘Backtalk’ is a risk/reward conversation mode that allows Chloe to use her barbed tongue to provoke or get her way.
- Players will make their mark on the world with witty tags and drawings.
- Players will choose Chloe’s outfit and see how people react to their look.
- Distinct licensed indie soundtrack and original score by Daughter.
The game will also be available as Life is Strange: Before the Storm – Deluxe Edition, which comprises all three episodes along with all additional content including the bonus episode “Farewell”.
“With its tough yet vulnerable protagonist, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a poignant evocation of teenage life,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “The atmospheric soundtrack, sharp writing and captivating story combine to create an engrossing and moving game, and we very are excited for macOS and Linux players to experience it.”
Pricing and system requirements will be confirmed closer to release.
You can check out the Mac announcement trailer blow.
- Life Is Strange Is Getting an Android Release
- Titan Comics Announces a Life Is Strange Comic Book Miniseries
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018