Jurassic Park Funko Pops are invading stores right now, and I could not be more excited. This line has been a long time coming, and I am actually surprised that it took this long for these to see the light of day.
While the human characters from the film are some of the best in film history, for me this is all about the dinos! Funko should have been making dinosaurs forever ago. I can’t be the only one who thinks this (I’m sure I’m not). I finally found all three in this first wave — still can’t find the chase Dilophosaurus anywhere though — and thought we would take a look.
I love the look of the boxes! They don’t do the on-the-side boxed Pops too often, but it looks really neat. Perfect color choices, giant Jurassic Park logo, and yes, you can see the humans on the back. But dinosaurs!
The Raptor Pop is my least favorite of the three. First of all: it cannot stand without the figure stand. I tried everything, but its feet are so uneven that it falls right over. While that is disappointing, it comes with a stand, so it’s not really an issue. The sculpt is excellent, and I think this one could have benefitted from a more running pose like we have seen in the films.
Probably the best sculpt of the three is the Dilophosaurus. The chase one does not have its cowl unfurled, which is a little boring. Good choice by Funko to make this one the regular release. The colors are amazing, and the cowl really adds a lot to the figure. This one also makes the best use of the standard Funko Pop eyes — they look the most natural on this one. By far my favorite.
Which brings us to the T-Rex. This one was the hardest to find, and it’s the dino most people are looking for, of course. While I love the box being on its side, I can’t help but wonder what could have been if this had been a 10-inch deluxe pop. It screams to be one. I’m not sure that they won’t do one down the line, but for now we only have this one. But don’t get me wrong — this is a great Pop. Right down to the little arms, they nailed the pose and everything. I just really wish he was huge.
All three of these are pretty great, and I love that they are now in my collection. Please make many more, Funko!
If you want some of these for your very own, they are in stores now or can be ordered here.
- T-Rex Statue from Jurassic Park Heading Home Thanks to Iron Studios
- Toys R Us to Close or Sell All 800 US Stores, UK Heads for Complete Shutdown
- Original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter Getting Star On Walk Of Fame
- [#SXSW] Walking Through the Ready Player One Activation
- Rob Zombie Begins Shooting 3 From Hell, the Sequel to Devil's Rejects
- Netflix CEO "Not So Big" on Inclusion Riders at Streaming Service
- Lost in Space Season 1: Featurette of the Robinsons' Journey
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald First LEGO Set Revealed
- Image Comics Publishes 'I Kill Giants' with a New Movie Cover
- FX Puts in Pilot Order For Alex Garland's 'Devs' Series
- Fear the Walking Dead's Danay Garcia Talks Luciana, Season 4, and More
- Comics for Your Pull Box, Week of March 14th, 2018: New Mutants Return and Vampironica Strikes Back
- Wands Up – Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Pennywise Returns as ‘IT: Chapter 2’ Begins Filming - July 16, 2018
- Check Out The Free DC Comics Pins in This Years SDCC Bags - July 16, 2018
- Batman Villain Mr. Freeze Gets a New Animated Series Mondo Figure - July 16, 2018
- Check Out These Two Life-Size LEGO Statues at SDCC: Thanos and Unikitty! - July 16, 2018
- New Star Wars Black Series and Vintage Collection Figures on the Way - July 16, 2018