Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood saw it’s second half of patch 4.2 hit today, meaning that game version 4.25 has gone live, bringing with it access to a new area for Exploration Missions, the Forbidden Lands of Eureka, and even further Hildibrand adventures.
Eureka Anemos, the Forbidden Land, is a new region of unexplored, untamed land with constantly changing weather and brand new gameplay elements to master. As part of Stormblood‘s exploration missions, Eureka is the successor to the Diadem and because the new set of weapons can only be obtained by journeying through the new missions, we’ve actually got a legitimate reason to go on the new missions.
The new gameplay elements running through Eureka are:
- Field Area-Style Gameplay: Up to 144 players can participate. Players are encouraged to group up with fellow adventurers to hunt notorious monsters and work towards common goals.
- Player Progression: Players will gain elemental EXP to strengthen their ability to harness the elements, but will need to be careful. Death in Eureka will result in lost EXP, and even lost levels, if players rashly rush in.
- Altered Battle Mechanics: Additional strategy is required in battle through an element system, in which players must utilize the Magia Board to change the element affinity of their attack to oppose their enemy’s. Players will customize their Magia Board’s elemental attributes and must carefully consider their setup depending on the goal of the adventure.
- Rewards: Players will occasionally earn protean crystals through exploration of Eureka, and may use them to enhance Eureka weapons and gear with the aid of the famed blacksmith, Gerolt.
In addition to Eureka Anemos, patch 4.25 also sees the release of more quests in the Hildibrand story, this time taking place in Kugane, Hingashi. We pick up right where we left off, with Nashu and a whole lot of bombs. We’ve got two new quests in the Hildibrand line today, so we’ve got plenty of time to get up to some crazy inspector-hunting shenanigans.
We also saw the release of some new housing items, as well as the start of the seventh season of PvP tourney, The Feast. With a new season of The Feast, we also saw some new changes to the PvP battle system.
The list of PvP changes are below. You can check out the full patch notes here.
|Requiescat||Increase to attack magic potency has been reduced from 50% to 25%.|
|Clemency||Healing potency has been reduced from 3,000 to 2,500.|
|Onslaught||Potency has been increased from 500 to 750.|
Recast time has been reduced from 15 to 10 seconds.
|The Forbidden Chakra||Potency has been reduced from 2,500 to 2,000.|
|Wind Tackle||Potency has been increased from 500 to 750.|
|Riddle of Wind||Potency has been increased from 500 to 750.|
|Jump||TP cost has been increased from 300 to 350.|
|Kakuremi||Effect duration of Kakuremi has been reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.|
Effect duration of Hidden has been reduced from 15 to 10 seconds.
|Wildfire||Damage compiled from attacks has been reduced from 50% to 33%.|
|Energy Drain||Potency has been reduced from 1,000 to 750.|
|Regen||Effect duration has been increased from 15 to 18 seconds.|
|Protect||Damage reduction has been increased from 20% to 25%.|
|Essential Dignity||Healing potency has been reduced from 2,000 to 1,500.|
Increase to maximum potency has been changed from 300% to 400%.
- Destiny 2: Forsaken’s Story Starts Off Dramatic and Just Keeps Getting More Tense - June 15, 2018
- EVE Online’s Arms Race Update is Live, as is the Grand Prix - June 15, 2018
- World of Tanks: Mercenaries is Definitely Going to be Tricky - June 15, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human is a Decent Playable Movie Despite Itself - June 15, 2018
- Twitch Suspends Account of Destiny Streamer NDS_Talon - June 12, 2018