Tomorrow, comic book stores will be giving away a free 32-page comic reprinting the thirty-year-old first issue of The World of Krypton #1, courtesy of the new TV series Krypton on Syfy.
Krypton is set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet, Krypton. It will follow Superman’s grandfather as a young man, whose House of El was ostracized and shamed, as he fights to redeem his family’s honour and save his beloved world from chaos.
And to promote the launch, Syfy and DC Comics are reprinting a special edition of the The World of Krypton #1 by John Byrne and Mike Mignola from 1987 which features an exclusive new cover by Jason Badower and a first-look at the new series.
At San Diego Comic-Con, producer Cameron Welsh talked about how that comic was a strong influence on the TV series.
Krypton premieres on March 21st at 10/9c on Syfy.
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018