On the most recent episode of AMC’s Comic Book Men, actor Mike Colter swings by the Secret Stash in Red Banks, New Jersey to do some shopping and talk with the guys in the shop. Colter says that he had talked to Kevin Smith at San Diego Comic-Con, and since he was in town filming Marvel’s Luke Cage season 2, he decided to pop into the store. Of course the whole thing is set up — they “just got” the comic he was looking for, and they just happened to have a stack of books for him to sign ready to go. But that aside, the visit did give us a couple of tidbits about the new season.
Colter told the guys that season 2 is going to have “a lot more bad-assery. A lot more fighting. I’m going to be squared off against a lot of people. So, it’s going to be fun.” When asked if it’s going to be darker than season 1, Colter said, “yeah, a little darker than season 1. It’s so relevant that it feels like this is what would happen if superheroes were walking around the street. This is what it would be like.”
They also give some history on the character, the teams he’s been in, and when/why he went from being just Luke Cage to Power Man — which started in issue 17 of his original series. Walt Flanagan and Mike Zapcic are both confessed long-time fans of Luke Cage.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald First LEGO Set Revealed
- Mark Hamill Getting Emotional When Seeing Yoda is All of Us Too
- Diamond Select Toys in August: Arrow, Ghostbusters, Pacific Rim, and More
- Constantine Animated Series Now Available on CW Seed - March 24, 2018
- iZombie Season 4: Did the Writers Name Liv’s New Love Interest Based on This Ship Name? - March 23, 2018
- Luke Cage’s Mike Colter to Appear on The Good Fight Season 2 - March 23, 2018
- Gifted Season 2: Amy Acker Wants to Get Out of the Mom Realm - March 23, 2018
- Lucifer Season 3: Mazikeen Really Wants to Go Back to Hell - March 23, 2018