Beamdog Games announced during a livestream today that Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will be coming to Steam on March 27th. Below is the stream itself talking about the game’s release along with several notes from their blog about the game. The stream is a pretty good watch as it has news on a few other topics presented by the company’s CEO Trent Oster and Studio Director Phillip Daigle.
- The Head Start program won’t stop with the game’s launch. Development will be ongoing, we will continue to provide patches through the development branch on Steam which will then combine into bigger normal patches.
- The development branch of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Steam got a new patch this week. Build 8163, among other fixes, makes possible to play the Premium Modules in Multiplayer. Check out the full patch notes here.
- New content for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will come as separate modules. We’re investigating requests for new content in the Original Campaign of Neverwinter Nights but don’t have a solution currently.
- The issue of UI scaling freely on any resolution hasn’t been resolved yet as we are discussing possible approaches to it. UI refactor will happen further down the line.
- Things are slowly rolling out for the Neverwinter Nights Toolset, we’re making some progress on it.
- We’re still interested in getting feedback about possible henchmen control in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition from the community. Share your thoughts on the forums.
- We have no formal plans to announce bringing Enhanced Editions to the Nintendo Switch, but this is something that is appealing to us.