As part of the Nintendo Direct presentation today, Nintendo announced a lot of new material coming to Splatoon 2, including the new Octo Expansion DLC coming in the summer. Below is a complete description of the DLC from Nintendo themselves, along with the trailer highlighting the addition that will run you $20. No official release date was given, but if you pre-purchase now, you can get new armor specific to the DLC that you can use in the game immediately.
The first paid DLC is coming to Splatoon 2 this summer. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion adds a hefty new single-player mode that lets players play as new character Agent 8, an Octoling with lost memories. The new single-player campaign features 80 missions, as well as new stories that shed new light on beloved characters. Players that complete the Octo Expansion campaign will unlock the ability to play as Octolings in multiplayer battles. While Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion launches this summer, players can pre-purchase the DLC starting today in Nintendo eShop to immediately receive Octo-themed in-game gear to use in battle right away.
- Splatoon 2's Secret Project Will Come to Light on June 9th
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Will Have You Choosing Your Favorite TMNT
- Splatoon 2 Received a Major Content Update Overnight
- Chicken Beats Egg in Latest Splatoon 2 Splatfest
- Nintendo Show Off Everything They Can for Mario Tennis Aces
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Jumps Over to the Nintendo Switch
- Octopath Traveler Finds Its Way To The Switch This Year
- Several Remakes Coming to the 3DS This Year from Nintendo
- Nintendo Promises To Fix Time Tracking For Playing Time
- Kirby: Star Allies Is Looking To Get A Demo In Early March
- Nintendo Will Soon Let Fans Rate Games In The eShop
- Monster Hunter: World and the PS4 Top Japan's Sales Charts Again
- Presidents' Day Game Sales: PC Rigs, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and More!
- Making Money!: We Review Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - September 20, 2018
- Splatoon 2 Launches Their FIrst Splatfest After the Online Changes - September 20, 2018
- Sony Releases Details of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Post-Launch on PS4 - September 20, 2018
- For Shovelry! We Review the Shovel Knight Plush Toy - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Receives a Music Video for Zombies - September 20, 2018