We briefly saw her in X-Men Red #1, but not enough to get much of an angle on her or her powers. So, with flashback mode on, we get to see where Trinary came from in today’s X-Men Red #2 we get to see what Trinary is about and where she comes from.
She is a technopath, able to control computers and whatnot, and from India. Oh and with a concern for the gender pay gap that has been in the headlines of late.
And yes, India, which even for the more ‘pish, posh, all this nonsense about gender pay gaps, it’s all exceptionalism, pregnancy and upper body strength’ folk out there might give them cause to doubt their convictions.
For the IT sector in India, where Trinary may have a specific interest, the pay gap in India, for similar jobs at similar levels, men are paid 38.2% more than women with a general pay gap of 20-30%.
And so she fancies doing something about it.
Honey Badger there, instant acceptance into the new team. An X-Man, a technopath and a bit of a communist to boot, actively involved with the redistribution of wealth.
X-MEN RED #2
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Travis Charest
THE HATE MACHINE Part 2
• JEAN GREY and her team must infiltrate a top-secret compound in order to save a mutant they’ve never met.
• They’ll have to avoid guards armed with guns, protestors armed with hate and sentinels armed with…well, slightly larger and more dangerous guns than the guards.
• All in a day’s work for the newest X-Men team.
Rated T+In Shops: Mar 07, 2018
Oh yes and it’s a Where’s Wolverine issue, with Wolverine constantly missing all the people he is looking for to show off his Infinity Stone despite having the Space Stone which should conceivably make his job easier.
Keeps him safe from the Sentinels though…
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018