The impending Fresh Start from Marvel was kicked off on Bleeding Cool in January by the news that Deadpool would be relaunching after Despicable Deadpool #300. May not June, though, we clearly miscounted.
Because it is.
Polygon has been rewarded for their takedowns of Marvel with a PR-arranged announcement of the new series, Deadpool by Skottie Young and Nic Klein. And they report that Deadpool was all that Skottie Young wanted.
“Before I pitched Rocket Raccoon back in 2013, I tried to get Deadpool. haha. But he was spoken for so I said ‘well, i can kind of have a similar vibe for Rocket, just cleaned up a bit.’ So my head was already in that place.”
While Nic Klein is looking to direct comedy…
“Visually – besides the over the top-of-it-all business, I like the Deadpool specific things (his theatric monologues and breaking the 4th wall stuff). Experimenting with pacing / specific camera shots/angles to get comedic effect are also fun things that I hope to get to do.“
Deadpool #1 will hit stands on May 2nd. Here’s the official solicit from Marvel, and a look at the full cover.
Skottie Young and Nic Klein bring you the craziest tales of the regeneratin’ degenerate yet! It’s been a while since Deadpool’s had to merc to make ends meet, but things are tough all over. WhileDeadpool tries to get his humble mercenary-for-hire business back off the ground, a catastrophic threat so unfathomably huge, so mind-breakingly cataclysmic it defies description, is heading towards Earth, and there’s only ONE PERSON WHO CAN STOP IT!!!
Oh no, wait, it’s…it’s not Wade, is it?
Oh, ☠☠☠☠. It’s Wade.
- What is This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About Anyway? – Part Two - October 16, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 16th October 2018 – The Colbert Retort - October 16, 2018
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018