Marvel has announced the full creative team of Tony Stark: Iron Man, the new series that will relaunch Iron Man after Brian Michael Bendis leaves the comic: Dan Slott, Valerio Schiti, and Edgar Delgado.
“As a futurist, Tony Stark thought he had all the answers. But since coming back from the dead, he now sees the Marvel Universe in a whole new light!” teased editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski. “How does Iron Man continually evolve and stay relevant in a world where technology advances on a daily basis? Well, Dan Slott, Valerio Schiti, and Edgar Delgado are here to answer those questions as they take our Armored Avenger on adventures that push the boundaries comic storytelling and visuals! And Dan writes Tony with such heart…pun intended…we had to put his name in the title.”
So yes, Dan still gets to write Mary Jane Watson. If he wants. Every in continuity still counts. Slott tells Nerdist:
“Everything counts,” Slott told us. “We’re going to play fair with all that’s happened to Tony from the very beginning all the way through to the most current runs. If you’re a longtime Marvel fan, I want you to know: ALL the continuity counts. The legacy counts. But if you’re one of the billions of people on this Earth who only knows Iron Man from the movies, you can jump on right here for a fresh start.”
Looks like Iron Man still had a nose… also, it’s only two years till the events of Iron Man 2020 are meant to take place. Come on in, Arno Stark.
TONY STARK: IRON MAN #1
Written by DAN SLOTT
Art and Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
On Sale 6/20/18
- Ron Lim to Join Tini Howard and Chris Sprouse on Captain America Annual #1 - August 16, 2018
- Did You Remember the Town of Lago from Astonishing X-Men Annual #1? - August 16, 2018
- Keith Allen Begins Rehearsals for Hogarth Double Bill Stage Play in Kingston - August 16, 2018
- Uber: Invasion and Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press November 2018 Solicits - August 16, 2018
- Matt Brady Returns to Comics, and Somehow Bleeding Cool Has the Scoop - August 16, 2018