Netflix’s extremely popular science fiction anthology series, Black Mirror, has been renewed for a fifth season. The announcement came in the form of a cryptic tweet this morning with the video below and the line: “The future will be brighter than ever.” Though a bit ambiguous, Variety is reporting that this does indeed mean the show will be back. Reviews on the series fourth series, that was released in late December of last year, were very positive. The U.S.S. Callister episode, a take off of the original Star Trek series, was the seasons highlight.
The future will be brighter than ever. pic.twitter.com/slVeg3VPd7
— Black Mirror (@blackmirror) March 5, 2018
For those not familiar with Black Mirror, it is a British science-fiction television anthology series created by Charlie Brooker. The show centers on the dark and potentially twisted consequences of modern society and the effects of new technologies. Its an anthology series set in either alternate presents or near futures and are self-contained episodes. The series originally debuted on the British Channel 4 back in December 2011 with a second series running in February 2013. A third series was ordered by Netflix, which aired in 2016. The fourth season was commissioned and wrapped filming in June 2017 and debuted in late December.
Black Mirror season 4 is currently streaming on Netflix.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018