Fans of Disneyland’s classic Haunted Mansion will no doubt recognize the floating disembodied head of mistress of the mystic arts, Madame Leota. You may recall seeing her ghostly face floating in a crystal ball above a table in the ‘seance room’ on the ride since 1969.
ABC’s long-running Disney properties-utilizing series Once Upon a Time is gearing up for its 7th (and final) season, and they’re invoking Leota as a new character. The series has brought in other famous Disney characters, but this is the first time one of the Haunted Mansion figures has been used.
Suzy Joachim (iZombie, The X-Files) will be playing the Madame, appearing in the season 7 episode ‘Secret Garden’. InsideTheMagic (we love you, xoxo) says that she’ll be the “gatekeeper at a haunted house,” which sounds promising for more Mansion goodies this season.
OUAT has had some struggles with ratings recently, and the departure of main character Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) throughout much of season 6 is widely believed to be the main culprit. The series also had some spinoff series that didn’t last as long as the network had hoped, like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Once Upon a Time in Neverland.
Once Upon a Time season 7 begins on Friday March 2nd on ABC.
- The Dapper Dans Wish the Haunted Mansion a Happy Villaintine's Day!
- Once Upon a Time to End After Season 7, a Season Too Late
- Disney's 'Jungle Cruise' Movie Still Happening, Emily Blunt Joins The Rock
- Look Who Showed Up at Disneyland for the Candlelight Processional Last Night
- Nerd Food: The Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost Bento Is Delightful!
- San Diego Comic-Con Sells out Preview Night 2019 in an Hour - October 13, 2018
- ‘The Mandalorian’: Jon Favreau Teases Familiar Star Wars Prop - October 12, 2018
- James Wan Shares Film Magazine November ‘Aquaman’ Cover - October 12, 2018
- New Vikings Poster has Crowned [King] Ivar the Boneless - October 12, 2018
- FUNKO Has ‘Trading Places’ Pops Coming, But No Jamie Lee Curtis?! - October 11, 2018