This week, Jason chats with Julius and Alston Ramsay, director and writer (and brothers) of the new thriller Midnighters.
Midnighters (premiering Friday, March 2nd) is a layered, enigmatic thriller set in the Gothic backwoods of New England, where a young couple’s marriage faces the ultimate test after they cover up a terrible crime and find themselves entangled in a Hitchcockian web of deceit and madness.
The movie is the theatrical debut of director Julius Ramsay, who is known for his work on AMC’s The Walking Dead and Syfy’s upcoming Superman prequel Krypton. The film was written by his brother Alston Ramsay, who was inspired to write Midnighters after seeing a disturbing real-life news story in the LA Times about a woman who drove home someone she struck with her car and kept him in her garage. Midnighters premieres Friday, March 2nd on VOD and in theaters in LA, New York, and elsewhere.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror/Castle Talk Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, one of the writers for Bungie’s Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio, Tech Director at of Rooster Teeth Studios and Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Thor is the Second Revealed Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toys Figure
- Iron Man Mark 50 Diecast from Avengers: Infinity War Coming from Hot Toys
- Hot Toys Reveals Its Version of the Infinity Gauntlet
- Infinity War S.H. Figuarts Figures Galore Coming This Year
- Pennywise and Factory Entertainment are a Match Made in Horror Heaven
- Tom Holland is First Avenger to Deliver Toys to Kids as Part of the Marvel: The Universe Unites Campaign
- California Tiki: The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, ‘Mad Men’ of the ’50s – a Rare Glimpse of American Psychic Scars - July 12, 2018
- Castle Talk: ‘Occupation’ Is an Australian ‘Red Dawn’ with Alien Invaders - July 10, 2018
- Castle Talk: Ghosts, Legends, and Love in the New Spanish Translation of Summer of the Mariposas - July 6, 2018
- Castle of Horror: In Earth vs. Flying Saucers, No Alien Comes in Peace - July 2, 2018
- California Tiki: Cobra Woman, a Movie Where Evil Twin Princesses Are the Least Crazy Part - June 28, 2018