We first ran this story back in June last year. It’s taken a while to come through but, as we also heard, it has been confirmed in The Atlantic that the next writer of the Captain America monthly comic book, to follow Mark Waid, is author, columnist, comic book writer, and activist Ta-Nehisi Coates. Leinil Yu will be drawing the book. Covers by Alex Ross.
And yes, that it will a new Captain America #1 for the 4th of July.
I have my share of strong opinions about the world. But one reason why I chose the practice of opinion journalism—which is to say a mix of reporting and opinion—is because understanding how those opinions fit in with the perspectives of others has always been more interesting to me than repeatedly restating my own. Writing is about questions for me—not answers. And Captain America, the embodiment of a kind of Lincolnesque optimism, poses a direct question for me: Why would anyone believe in The Dream? What is exciting here is not some didactic act of putting my words in Captain America’s head, but attempting to put Captain America’s words in my head. What is exciting is the possibility of exploration, of avoiding the repetition of a voice I’ve tired of.
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018