The success of Batman: White Knight, Dark Knight III: The Master Race and Nightwing: New World Order has demonstrated a readership for more adult-suitable stories using DC Comics characters. So while DC Zoom and DC Ink offer comics aimed at a child and young adult audience I get the word that something called DC Black Label will feature comics aimed at adults using familiar DC characters.
I have been told to consider them as R-Rated Elseworlds, not impinging on ongoing DC Comics continuity, but reflecting it in whichever way the writers and artists choose. I am told to expect the collection of White Knight to launch the imprint and that Kelly Sue DeConnick will have a Wonder Woman launch title. And I am to expect other books with Superman and Batman.
This does rather feel like something that might be mentioned at ECCC doesn’t it?
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018
- Family of Star Wars/Deadpool Artist Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella Raising Money for Operation - March 19, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Shop Launches Its Own Comics with Darick Robertson, Michael McMillian, and Lindsey Stirling - March 19, 2018
- Christopher Sebela and Joshua Hixson Launch Shanghai Red from Image in June - March 19, 2018