The Mutant side of 20th Century Fox is in a bit of flux right now. It looks like there is a very good chance that Disney is going to buy 20th Century Fox and all of the Marvel properties, but the ink on the deal isn’t dry yet. Fox isn’t going to sit on their hands until that contract is done. They’re still working on X-Men-related projects, and one of them is getting off the ground soon. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the X-Force movie is set to start filming this October.
X-Force, a Deadpool spinoff from Drew Goddard, is set to begin shooting in October, with Reynolds and Josh Brolin expected to star. The studio is still focusing on developing both the X-Men and Fantastic Four brands, including a Doctor Doom movie from Fargo and Legion showrunner Noah Hawley.
This start date seems to indicate that our theory that the X-Force movie has been quietly cast could be true. The people we see standing in the Untitled Deadpool Sequel could very well be our X-Force team in the upcoming Drew Goddard production. We’ll probably know more once Deadpool 2 drops this summer.
- Avengers Infinity War Marvel Legends Waves 1 and 2 Fully Revealed
- Boba Fett Coming to Gentle Giant's Collector's Gallery Statue Line
- The Gifted Season 2: 3 New Promos Tease the Mutant Divide - September 21, 2018
- New TV Spot for The Nutcracker and the Four Realm Teases the Characters - September 21, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: New Images, Matt’s Darkness, New and Returning Characters - September 21, 2018
- Kingsman 3 Confirmed for 2019 and Matthew Vaughn Set to Write/Direct - September 21, 2018
- The Script for the Potential Joker/Harley Quinn Movie Is Done - September 21, 2018