The Mutant side of 20th Century Fox is in a bit of flux right now. It looks like there is a very good chance that Disney is going to buy 20th Century Fox and all of the Marvel properties, but the ink on the deal isn’t dry yet. Fox isn’t going to sit on their hands until that contract is done. They’re still working on X-Men-related projects, and one of them is getting off the ground soon. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the X-Force movie is set to start filming this October.
X-Force, a Deadpool spinoff from Drew Goddard, is set to begin shooting in October, with Reynolds and Josh Brolin expected to star. The studio is still focusing on developing both the X-Men and Fantastic Four brands, including a Doctor Doom movie from Fargo and Legion showrunner Noah Hawley.
This start date seems to indicate that our theory that the X-Force movie has been quietly cast could be true. The people we see standing in the Untitled Deadpool Sequel could very well be our X-Force team in the upcoming Drew Goddard production. We’ll probably know more once Deadpool 2 drops this summer.
- Avengers Infinity War Marvel Legends Waves 1 and 2 Fully Revealed
- Boba Fett Coming to Gentle Giant's Collector's Gallery Statue Line
- Dove Cameron Talks Her Version of Spider-Gwen from Marvel Rising: Initiation - July 16, 2018
- How a Broken Ankle Helped Mission: Impossible – Fallout - July 16, 2018
- James Wan Talks About Keeping Aquaman a Self-Contained Film - July 16, 2018
- RUMOR: The Team of Awesome Ladies Set to Appear in Birds of Prey - July 16, 2018
- Shazam! Lights Up in New Image from the Upcoming DC Movie - July 16, 2018