Stardew Valley creator Eric Barone has said that his next game is in development and hinted there might be more on the horizon.
Stardew Valley remains a cultural touchstone for video games at the moment. The game came out two years ago, but it persists as a relevant part of the zeitgeist, almost certainly due to how well it is doing on the Nintendo Switch. The title is one of the biggest on the console, which isn’t bad for a little indie game built by a very small development team. It’s just such a lovely little game and the marriage with it on a portable hybrid has given it a second lease of life.
It seems Barone is hard at work trying to follow it up with his next effort. In a tweet celebrating the second anniversary of the game, Barone teased plenty saying that he is working on the next title, although he didn’t expand on what to expect at all. He also said that the long-gestating multiplayer mode for Stardew Valley was not far away. He also cryptically teased that there was even more than those two upcoming things too… although left not even a hint as to what it might be. The tweet reads:
Today is the 2 year anniversary of Stardew Valley. I’ve got that strange sensation of both the shortest and longest 2 years of my life. Thanks for joining me on this journey everyone. With MP close, my next (secret) game in the works, and more… there’s lots to look forward to
— ConcernedApe (@ConcernedApe) February 26, 2018
People will undoubtedly be eager to see what Barone can cook up next. Hopefully, it will have as strong a sense of identity as his first game.
- Chucklefish Talk About Their Upcoming Project Spellbound
- Pit People Makes Its Way To Steam and Xbox One
- Happy Birthdays Will Be Coming To The West On Nintendo Switch
- Crackdown 3 Won’t Be Delayed Again Says Report - July 17, 2018
- Nolan North Takes Over Role of Cayde-6 From Nathan Fillion in Destiny 2: Forsaken - July 17, 2018
- ‘Pokémon: Let’s Go’ Games Get a New Trailer Showing off Gyms, Traversal, and Pokémon Haircuts - July 13, 2018
- Remnant: From the Ashes is the New Co-Op Shooter From the Darksiders 3 Developer - July 13, 2018
- The Witcher Series Will Get Another Game, but It Won’t Be The Witcher 4 - July 12, 2018