Despite star Maisie Williams saying that there weren’t any plans to do extensive reshoots for The New Mutants, it sounds like that isn’t the case anymore. According to The Hollywood Reporter, there are going to be reshoots for the upcoming horror superhero movie.
And the horror-themed New Mutants will undergo a round of additional photography this summer that will insert a new character into the thriller that is dated for Feb. 22, 2019.
This is the first we’re hearing about these reshoots, so we really don’t have any idea which character they are talking about. There haven’t been any rumors about casting or anything like that. There is still just under a year before the movie comes out, and considering how rushed the production was the first time around, maybe taking a step back to make sure everything is in order is the right thing to do.
Summary: Five young mutants, just discovering their abilities while held in a secret facility against their will, fight to escape their past sins and save themselves.
The New Mutants, directed by Josh Boone, stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Alice Braga, Maisie Williams, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, and Henry Zaga. It will be released on February 22nd, 2019.
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018