Ever since the Nintendo Switch came out, one of the top five games people have been clamoring about and wishing would finally appear on the console is a version of Super Smash Bros. If for anything else, to have a modern version of the game available for esports tournaments. And as much as we know at some point we’ll probably see a Smash game make its way there, Nintendo has given no confirmation one way or the other that they’re working on one. So today, the rumor mill kicked into high gear on ResetEra as one of the site’s admins dropped a bombshell on the community by saying the following below…
Unfortunately, I don’t have enough information to speculate whether Smash Bros will be branded/marketed as a “deluxe definitive edition port”, a “half–sequel” or a “full sequel”.
I can only confirm two things:
1. A Smash Bros title will be announced and released for Switch later this year.
2. They added brand new content and re-worked some of the existing Wii U/3DS content.
Now whether or not you put any stock into rumors is entirely up to you, but ResetEra does have a habit of getting things mostly right whenever news like this comes from their admins. If it is indeed true, it means we can expect some kind of announcement during E3, because why wouldn’t Nintendo do it there if its true? But seeing as how we’re still four months away from that even happening, let the speculation begin.
- Xbox's Phil Spencer Says They're Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros.
- Masahiro Sakurai Confirms He's Working on a New Super Smash Bros.
- Square Enix Shows Off New Screenshots and Art for Octopath Traveler - April 22, 2018
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Want Your Thoughts on DLC - April 22, 2018
- Princess Maker 5 Gets a Quick PC Release Date for This Week - April 22, 2018
- Gearbox Denies Rumors That Borderlands 3 is an Xbox Exclusive - April 22, 2018
- Pokémon GO is Setting Up to Add Regional Raid Bosses - April 22, 2018