Ever since the Nintendo Switch came out, one of the top five games people have been clamoring about and wishing would finally appear on the console is a version of Super Smash Bros. If for anything else, to have a modern version of the game available for esports tournaments. And as much as we know at some point we’ll probably see a Smash game make its way there, Nintendo has given no confirmation one way or the other that they’re working on one. So today, the rumor mill kicked into high gear on ResetEra as one of the site’s admins dropped a bombshell on the community by saying the following below…
Unfortunately, I don’t have enough information to speculate whether Smash Bros will be branded/marketed as a “deluxe definitive edition port”, a “half–sequel” or a “full sequel”.
I can only confirm two things:
1. A Smash Bros title will be announced and released for Switch later this year.
2. They added brand new content and re-worked some of the existing Wii U/3DS content.
Now whether or not you put any stock into rumors is entirely up to you, but ResetEra does have a habit of getting things mostly right whenever news like this comes from their admins. If it is indeed true, it means we can expect some kind of announcement during E3, because why wouldn’t Nintendo do it there if its true? But seeing as how we’re still four months away from that even happening, let the speculation begin.
- Xbox's Phil Spencer Says They're Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros.
- Masahiro Sakurai Confirms He's Working on a New Super Smash Bros.
- Making Money!: We Review Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - September 20, 2018
- Splatoon 2 Launches Their FIrst Splatfest After the Online Changes - September 20, 2018
- Sony Releases Details of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Post-Launch on PS4 - September 20, 2018
- For Shovelry! We Review the Shovel Knight Plush Toy - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Receives a Music Video for Zombies - September 20, 2018