The concept of tone comes up a lot when we talk about franchise movies. If all of the movies have the same tone, then it would get boring really quickly. The Star Wars movies have been experimenting with different tones, and now that the fourth Disney Star Wars movie is on the way, people are once again wondering what kind of movie it’s going to be. Entertainment Tonight recently caught up with Donald Glover, who will be playing a young version of Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story, and he talked about how much fun the movie is going to be.
“All the Star Wars‘ are really fun, but I think this movie…we know what’s gonna happen. We know they’re not gonna die. We know, kind of, what happens, but how we got there is, I guess, the crux of it. So, we’re allowed to have a lot more fun, I think, than in the other movies, where you have to deal with a lot of lineage and what’s going to happen. I think this movie’s just a fun summer film. I’m really excited about it. It’s really cool.”
People have been a little nervous about Solo since the announcement and the troubled production, but that doesn’t mean it’s doomed. A good director can pull a movie out of a tailspin, and Ron Howard is definitely a good director.
Summary: Han Solo and Chewbacca’s adventures before joining the Rebellion, including their early encounters with Lando Calrissian.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Mondo Has a New Batman: The Animated Series Figure, and it Looks Awesome
- We Take a Look at the Iron Spider Spider-Man Figure from Avengers: Infinity War
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018