The concept of tone comes up a lot when we talk about franchise movies. If all of the movies have the same tone, then it would get boring really quickly. The Star Wars movies have been experimenting with different tones, and now that the fourth Disney Star Wars movie is on the way, people are once again wondering what kind of movie it’s going to be. Entertainment Tonight recently caught up with Donald Glover, who will be playing a young version of Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story, and he talked about how much fun the movie is going to be.
“All the Star Wars‘ are really fun, but I think this movie…we know what’s gonna happen. We know they’re not gonna die. We know, kind of, what happens, but how we got there is, I guess, the crux of it. So, we’re allowed to have a lot more fun, I think, than in the other movies, where you have to deal with a lot of lineage and what’s going to happen. I think this movie’s just a fun summer film. I’m really excited about it. It’s really cool.”
People have been a little nervous about Solo since the announcement and the troubled production, but that doesn’t mean it’s doomed. A good director can pull a movie out of a tailspin, and Ron Howard is definitely a good director.
Summary: Han Solo and Chewbacca’s adventures before joining the Rebellion, including their early encounters with Lando Calrissian.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Mondo Has a New Batman: The Animated Series Figure, and it Looks Awesome
- We Take a Look at the Iron Spider Spider-Man Figure from Avengers: Infinity War
- Did Tom Holland Just Reveal the Title to the Spider-Man Sequel? - June 23, 2018
- Todd Mcfarlane Says the Production for Spawn Will Be Very Low Key - June 23, 2018
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic-Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller ‘Searching’ - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and The Wasp Featurette, Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018