Bungie has revealed a new Destiny 2 development roadmap which reflects delays for several new features that were supposed to be coming to the game. While the next update is still scheduled for February 27th, a few items have been delayed to ensure they meet the “sufficiently high quality bar” Bungie has laid out.
Specifically, the Nightfall Strike Unique Weapons, which were planned to roll out next week, have been delayed to give the artists extra time to “make sure they are… super cool”. Lets hope they also work as well as they look cool, but getting some aesthetically awesome weaponry is something most Destiny 2 players can get behind.
In addition, the reduced drop rates for duplicates has been pushed back to March’s update. Being able to view vendors in the Destiny 2 companion app has also been delayed to March.
Meanwhile, March’s 1.1.4 patch was going to roll out changes to Exotic gear, but that’s been moved out to drop with season three, as the March update will mostly include features dropped from the February update. March will still add Rumble to the 6v6 Iron Banner and Mayhem in Destiny 2‘s new weekly rotating Crucible playlist.
Doubles will also be making a comeback, although it doesn’t have a release date just yet.
Today’s D2 development update came from game director Christopher Barrett, who ended his post on a hopeful message. “There’s lots more we’re eager to talk about in the coming weeks. We promise to be as transparent as possible and keep you updated as we go. We hope you’re along for the ride.” That can only be good news for fans who have been dying to get more transparent development updates from Bungie since Destiny 2‘s post-launch seasons started last fall.
- Destiny 2's Next DLC Story Leaked via Gamestop's Website
- Bungie Hands Out the Details of Their 1.1.3 Update for Destiny 2
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018