It’s been a big day of comic book announcements with Image Expo happening, and Dark Horse wanted to get in on it too with the announcement of Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 12 coming. In comic form.
Maybe you’ll recall the Joss Whedon TV series of the same name starring Sarah Michelle Gellar that went for 7 seasons and 145 episodes, which ultimately met its end and spawned a spinoff series (Angel) and continued via Dark Horse comic books.
Today Dark Horse announced they would be launching a 12th ‘season’ Buffy comic with a four part release, Whedon is returning to the comic for it, and some fabulous artwork:
Dark Horse is proud to announce the return of Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Serenity) and Christos Gage (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel & Faith, Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Avengers Academy) to unite the Buffyverse for a battle-filled four-issue series Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Reckoning this June. Buffyverse alumnus artist Georges Jeanty (Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) also returns to lend his illustrative skills to the next installment.
Following the world-altering finale of Season 11, Buffy and the Scoobies have had a laid-back year in the saving-the-world department. But as they’ve learned over their years of fighting the forces of darkness and thwarting many an apocalypse, nothing stays quiet for long. When Dawn and Xander’s housewarming party is crashed by some familiar faces with news of an amassing force that must be reckoned with—Wolfram & Hart, a legion of demons, and Harth, a vampire from the future—Buffy finds herself in a time warp that could alter the fate of the world and could spell the end for Buffy, her friends, and the Slayers, forever.
This action-packed miniseries reunites the Buffyverse with the return of Angel, Faith, Illyria, and Fray, the Slayer from the future!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 (of four) goes on sale June 20, 2018, and boasts three beautiful variant covers by Stephanie Hans, Georges Jeanty with Karl Story and Dan Jackson, and Karl Moline. The first issue will be available for preorder at your local comic shop in March.
Here’s the art that came with the announcement:
- Exclusive First Look at Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Giles #4
- The Search is Over! Lindsay Lohan Wants to Play Batgirl
- Hardcore DCEU Fans to March on Burbank Demanding Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League
- HBO SVP of Drama Spills on Game of Thrones’ Final Season - March 18, 2018
- Barbra Streisand Says Lady Gaga in ‘A Star Is Born’ is “Very, Very, Good” - March 17, 2018
- Here’s The Thing About ‘Ready Player One’ Haters- They’re Wrong - March 16, 2018
- Listen to Alan Silvestri’s Ready Player One Main Theme - March 15, 2018
- Check Out This Amazing NYC Game of Thrones Cosplay Shoot! - March 15, 2018