As we join in as the latest website to incorporate the word Bitcoin into something tech related, this time it actually has a purpose beyond telling you that last month you could have bought a house with one and now you can barely make a house payment with one. Montecrypto: The Bitcoin Enigma is a new indie puzzle game coming to steam on February 20th from Gem Rose Collective, which looks like a cross between Myst and Event came together to have a kid and named it Swordquest Junior. The entire purpose of this game is to have the first person to beat it win an actual Bitcoin, currently priced somewhere between $9.5-10k (depending on which resource you trust the most).
The people behind it are keeping their identities a secret for now, according to Motherboard, but apparently, the prize is genuine. And after doing our own research on the game, we found out that giving away a monetary prize for a video game is totally legal under Steam’s TOS and developer agreements, so there’s nothing stopping them from giving away a prize to the winner. To those of you wishing to try your luck at it, we wish you well when the game comes out tomorrow.
- Dow Plummets After Cloverfield Paradox Earns 16% Rotten Tomatoes Score
- Winter is Coming to Royal Mail with Game of Thrones Postage Stamps
- Dazzling DC Digital Discounts For One Last Day
- Kirkman and De Felici's Oblivion Song Gets a $200 Collector's Edition
- Lying in the Gutters - 10th December 2017 - Please Put a Bitcoin in the Old Geek's Hat
- Epic Games Teases Fortnite Halloween Event With Fortnitemares - October 22, 2018
- Bandai Namco Unveil Kane’s First Jump Force Pics - October 22, 2018
- The Classic Tetris World Championship Has a New King - October 22, 2018
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks - October 21, 2018
- Tekken 7: Fated Retribution – Round 2 Will Hit Japan in February - October 21, 2018