A cool update was added to Stardew Valley‘s website last week by creator and developer Eric “ConcernedApe” Barone, as he gave fans a few notes about the addition of multiplayer to the game. Below is a snippet from the recent post about the 1.3 update they’re currently working on, along with a photo below that shows part of the work that’s been done between Barone and Tom Coxon (from publisher Chucklefish) to intergrade multiplayer into the farm so you don’t have to do everything alone.
Work on the new features is done, and we’ve sent all the new text off to be translated into the different languages. Meanwhile, we are working on bug fixes. Once we’ve received the translated text and integrated it back into the game, we’ll begin a serious QA phase involving thorough testing of all new features in both multiplayer and single player contexts. When that is finished, the update should be ready for a public beta. I am still shooting for a spring release for the beta.
When the beta gets closer to launch, I’ll fill you guys in on more specifics as to how multiplayer will work, as well as a more complete list of the new features in the update.
- Stardew Valley’s Multiplayer Mode Hits the Public Beta Today
- Chucklefish Announces a New Game in Eastward with a Trauker
- Chucklefish Changes Spellbound's Name to Witchbrook
- Chucklefish Announces a New Indie RPG in 'Pathway'
- Chucklefish Talk About Their Upcoming Project Spellbound
- Stardew Valley Was the Most Downloaded Game on Nintendo Switch Last Year
- Stardew Valley Creator Confirms That New Content Is Complete
- Dark Souls Will Be Getting Special Figurines This Spring
- The Steam Awards Winners are Announced as Cuphead, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Feature
- Stardew Valley Will Be Getting Some New Additions Soon
- Dead By Daylight Adds a Smoking Jacket and New Content Roadmap - July 17, 2018
- GIPHY Has Now Been Added to Twitch’s Extensions Lineup for Streamers - July 17, 2018
- Fortnite Receives an Update with a Few New Bits of Gear - July 17, 2018
- Blizzard Announces a Date for Wrecking Ball to Join Overwatch - July 17, 2018
- Friday the 13th: The Game is Getting a Collector’s Edition - July 17, 2018