Hasbro has announced a new crowd-funding platform named Haslab. Using this to try and get pieces added to peoples collections that otherwise wouldn’t be made, the centerpiece, jaw-dropping figures and playsets that we previously thought impossible. First up- the long-awaited Jabba’s Sail Barge from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. This is a long-requested vehicle in the line, scaled for 3.75 inch figures. It is 4 FEET long, and will come with tons of display areas, room, compartments, screen-accurate detail, and a scaled Jabba the Hutt himself. Here are some of the details:
HASBRO is constantly working to create innovative and exciting new products that cater to the unique needs of consumers and fans. In 2018, we take that pledge one step further with the launch of HASLAB!
Announced at this year’s Toy Fair, HASLAB is Hasbro’s new platform that hopes to put dream products into the hands of fans. To that end, we’re excited to announce that the first HASLAB item is the biggest Star Wars vehicle Hasbro and Kenner have ever produced – fan favorite JABBA’S SAIL BARGE! Measuring approximately 4 feet long, this large scale, highly detailed item features premium deco and vintage packaging. An incredible addition to any collection, Jabba’s Sail Barge comes complete with exquisitely-detailed and fan accessible interior/exterior decks, one Jabba the Hutt 3.75-inch scale figure, two soft-cloth fabric sails, and other realistic features that mimic one of the most notorious vehicles in the Star Wars universe.
HASLAB takes inspiration from other platforms by inviting participants to support the product by backing the project up front by placing a pre-order. You’re our only hope to make Jabba’s Sail Barge a reality! For Jabba’s Sail Barge to go into production, Hasbro must meet a certain minimum threshold of 5,000 pre-orders. It’s up to the fans to support the campaign and help successfully reach that goal by 11:59pm ET on April 3rd, 2018. Those who pre-order the item will also receive “Jabba’s Sail Barge (The Khetanna): Behind The Workbench,” a premium, 64-page booklet that goes behind the scenes of the design and development of the actual Sail Barge film set piece and Hasbro toy and includes set photos, product blueprints, interviews, and more.
Starting today, fans can place a pre-order for Jabba’s Sail Barge at HASBRO.COM/HASLAB. If the goal is met, the product will go into production. For more information on HASLAB and to follow the project’s progress throughout the 45 day pre-order window, visit HASBRO.COM/HASLAB and follow @HasbroPulse on social media.
$500 is pretty steep, but after seeing this thing up close here in the Hasbro showroom, I have to say that if I had the money to spend on this, I would. Check out even more about the project and back it if you are able right here.
- Toy Fair New York: Trick or Treat Studios Halloween Masks are a Horror Fan's Dream
- Toy Fair New York: Kotobukiya Continues to Impress
- Toy Fair New York: Jada Toys Nano-Metal Figures Are a Huge Hit
- Sylvester Stallone Shares the First Poster for Creed II
- Toy Fair New York: Star Wars Black Series, Solo, and How Much Do You Want a Sail Barge?
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.6: Comics Talk (Marvel Two-in-One #3)
- Toy Fair New York: Marvel Legends Reign Supreme, Celebrating 10 Years of the MCU
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.5: Comics Talk (Captain America #698)
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.4: Comics Talk (Kick-Ass #1)
- Toy Fair New York: NECA Brings The Thunder With Pennywise The Dancing Clown and More
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.3: Comics Talk (The Flash #40)
- First Teaser Poster for Transformers: Power of the Primes
- Alfre Woodard to Recur on Fox's Empire
- J.J. Abrams Discusses Hollywood Equality, Blasts Sexist Star Wars Critics
- The Blade Trilogy Gets an Honest Trailer
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018
- Magneto Gets a New Sixth Scale Figure From Sideshow Collectibles - December 13, 2018
- Greg Kinnear Will Enter Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone - December 13, 2018
- Friday The 13th Part 3 Corpse Pamela Voorhees Figure Coming From NECA - December 13, 2018
- Riverdale Season 3, Episode 8 Recap: “Outbreak” - December 13, 2018