The Star Wars brand team was on hand Saturday afternoon at Toy Fair New York to give us a glimpse of their Black Series offerings for the year, along with Solo reveals and more details on the return of The Vintage Collection. Plus, one more giant reveal that asks us Star Wars fans: Just how badly do you want that toy?
First, Solo. Lots of 3.75 inch figures are coming, including a new trooper with an insane wash on him, and all of the main characters from the film. They are all five POA, so if you do not collect those then you are missing out. They all have excellent sculpts and display really nicely.
There was a ton of Black Series reveals. Hoth Leia, General Holdo, more of that Solo trooper, Zuckess, more astromechs. Finally a Gamorean Guard, and he has a hinged jaw! Commander Wolfe to go with our Captain Rex, Tarkin looks awesome — just all kinds of cool Black Series 6 inch heading our way.
What everyone in the room really cared about, though, is the return of The Vintage Collection. Looks like this year we will not be getting a TON of these, but they did reveal a few newbies like Cassian Andor, Luke Skywalker from The Force Awakens, and the trooper from Solo. Han Solo himself makes an appearance on a Vintage Card, as well. We will also be getting vehicles in vintage packaging, with the Imperial Assault Tank making an appearance. The first figure of Doctor Aphra from the comics will also be on a vintage cardback. The numbering will continue from the end of the first line, and that WILL include exclusives. One such exclusive shown on a slide was a Rey on Ach-To training figure, exclusive to Walmart.
Forces of Destiny was on full display, as well. Contrary to some chatter we’ve been hearing, this line is not done. Already revealed figures will see release, including Ahsoka, Luke, Yoda, and Padme. After that, the line will be reassessed and move forward.
Then, a dream piece for any Star Wars collector was shown: Jabba’s Sail Barge. A whopping four feet long, featuring tons of little rooms and even a stuffed, dead baby Rancor on the wall. And it will come with an in scale Jabba. It has a cockpit. It is everything we could have ever dreamed.
It is part of Hasbro’s new Haslab program. Basically, to get this thing made, it has to be crowd-funded and paid for by us fans. They need 5000 orders by April 8th to proceed with making it. The cost?
Check out all the figures down below, including some pics of the Barge and some slides about its creation and such with the Hasbro Haslab program.
- Toy Fair New York: Trick or Treat Studios Halloween Masks are a Horror Fan's Dream
- Toy Fair New York: Kotobukiya Continues to Impress
- Toy Fair New York: Jada Toys Nano-Metal Figures Are a Huge Hit
- Hasbro Launches Crowd-Funding Platform Haslab, Starting With Jabba's Sail Barge
- Toy Fair New York: Cryptozoic Dazzles With DC, Outlander, Rick and Morty, and More!
- Toy Fair New York: Transformers Introduces New Animated Series Figures, Predaking at Presentation
- Toy Fair New York: Hasbro My Little Pony and Disney Princess!
- Toy Fair New York: Good Smile Brings Disney, TMNT, Naruto, and Batman to Show Off
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.6: Comics Talk (Marvel Two-in-One #3)
- Toy Fair New York: Marvel Legends Reign Supreme, Celebrating 10 Years of the MCU
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.5: Comics Talk (Captain America #698)
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.4: Comics Talk (Kick-Ass #1)
- Toy Fair New York: NECA Brings The Thunder With Pennywise The Dancing Clown and More
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #21.3: Comics Talk (The Flash #40)
- First Teaser Poster for Transformers: Power of the Primes
- Alfre Woodard to Recur on Fox's Empire
- J.J. Abrams Discusses Hollywood Equality, Blasts Sexist Star Wars Critics
- The Blade Trilogy Gets an Honest Trailer
- New Ether, Blackwood, Witchfinder and World Of Tanks in Dark Horse Solicits for May 2018
- Spider-Man Gets One Heck of a Cool Infinity War Hot Toys Release - April 20, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Funko Pops Are on the Way - April 20, 2018
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Friday, April 20 - April 20, 2018
- Batman and Superman Get Justice League LEGO Brickheadz - April 19, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War Hits Build-A-Bear, and It Is Adorable - April 19, 2018