Doomsday Clock is out, whether you like it or not. And now the merchandise is coming. Revealed today via IGN, DC Collectibles will be producing a wave of action figures based on the Geoff Johns/Gary Frank saga starring the Watchmen characters. This is not the first time we have gotten action figures based on the property, those came around the time of the feature film. But these are designed by Frank and based on their looks in the Dommsday Clock story itself.
They will release the figures in the standard 6 inch+ scale we know and love sometimes that DC Collectibles always provides. They will also be in two-packs, not individually carded. Each pack will run $50. They will be packed as follows:
-Ozymandias and Doctor Manhattan
-Rorschach and Mime
-The Comedian and Marionette
Gah, WHY DID THEY NOT PACK MARIONETTE WITH MIME!?!?!?!?! I mean, I know why- money. But man, that is a weird decision to make. Those two need to be together, and to pack them separately feels a little douchy on their part.
The figures themselves look…ok. Rorschach of course looks awesome, it would be hard to screw up a figure of that character. Not a lot of accessories to be found with these either, that really blows. Marionette looks like she is on stilts, Mime looks really plain… Look, I am not feeling these. I would love to add these characters to my shelf but man ,do they just feel boring. Just having these posed so basic-looking in these pictures makes them less exciting, I am sure when I get my hands on them and fiddle around with more poses I might change my mind. But for the first comic-version figures of some of the most important characters of all-time, these should blow me away. And they don’t.
If you disagree with me, or you agree and want to buy them anyway, you can preorder them here starting this afternoon at 12:30 PST.
- Toy Fair New York: The Loyal Subjects Continue Their Blind Box Dominance
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 3: Mister Rogers, Bendy, Overwatch, Weird Al, and Atomic Blonde!
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 2: IT, Tomb Raider, Gossip Girl, Potter, and Bob Ross!
- NECA Debuts a Trio of Horror Figures From The Fog, Re-Animator, and a New Freddy!
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 1: Disney, Doug, Wrinkle in Time, Jetsons!
- Marvel Mighty Muggs Get Even More New Figures From Hasbro
- Hasbro Reveals More Star Wars Before Toy Fair
- Hasbro Reveals a Wearable Infinity Gauntlet From Marvel Legends
- Eric Stephenson Promoted to Image Comics Board of Directors
- Swamp Thing Winter Special Sells Out, Goes to Second Printing
- A Nigerian Take on the New Black Panther Movie
- Walking Dead, Spider-Man and Oblivion Song Top Advance Reorders
- DC Comics to Reprint Entire Print Run of Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Over Page Error
- AfterShock to Publish Garth Ennis' Most Subtle Work, A Walk Through Hell With Goran Sudžuka
- Britain's MCM Comic Con Gets a New Logo and Look from Reed POP
- Kevin Feige Talks Diversity in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Maisie Williams Thinks It's "For the Better" that New Mutants Got Delayed
- Is Marvel's Ike Perlmutter Next in Line for a Trump Cabinet Position?
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018
- Magneto Gets a New Sixth Scale Figure From Sideshow Collectibles - December 13, 2018
- Greg Kinnear Will Enter Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone - December 13, 2018
- Friday The 13th Part 3 Corpse Pamela Voorhees Figure Coming From NECA - December 13, 2018
- Riverdale Season 3, Episode 8 Recap: “Outbreak” - December 13, 2018