Not every Image Comics creator is announcing their new project at Image Expo.
Writer Joseph Keatinge (Glory, Shutter) and artist Wook Jin Clark (Adventure Time: The Flip Side) team up with industry mainstay colourist Tamra Bonvillain, and letterer Ariana Maher, designer Rich Tommaso, and culinary consultant Ari Bouzari (Ingredient: Unveiling the Essential Elements of Food) for a new comic book coming from Image in May, Flavor.
Within a strange walled city, chefs are the ultimate celebrity and food is the most valued commodity. But underage, unlicensed chef Xoo is about to uncover a mystery that just might bring everything crumbling down…
“Flavoris a book with a lot of ingredients; we’re cooking up a comic unlike anything else I’ve collaborated on before,” said Keatinge. “I’ve long desired to work with each and every person on this creative team, and I could not be happier with the results.”
“This book is my dream book with a dream team,” said Clark. “I’m so excited to be a part, and so pumped to share!”
Prepare your palate for the high-stakes competition of The Hunger Games, steeped in the enticingly lush world-building of Hayao Miyazaki.
From the publisher that brought you similarly food-themed comics Starve and Chew…
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Dave Sim Parodies X-Men For New Comic, Giant-Size Jingles - October 17, 2018
- Blake Northcott and Donny Tran Launch New ‘What If?’ Line From Aspen in January 2019 Solicits - October 17, 2018
- Null Faeries #1 Launches in Action Lab January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Damian Wayne Gets A Crush – But Not on Crush (Teen Titans #23 Spoilers) - October 17, 2018