Not every Image Comics creator is announcing their new project at Image Expo.
Writer Joseph Keatinge (Glory, Shutter) and artist Wook Jin Clark (Adventure Time: The Flip Side) team up with industry mainstay colourist Tamra Bonvillain, and letterer Ariana Maher, designer Rich Tommaso, and culinary consultant Ari Bouzari (Ingredient: Unveiling the Essential Elements of Food) for a new comic book coming from Image in May, Flavor.
Within a strange walled city, chefs are the ultimate celebrity and food is the most valued commodity. But underage, unlicensed chef Xoo is about to uncover a mystery that just might bring everything crumbling down…
“Flavoris a book with a lot of ingredients; we’re cooking up a comic unlike anything else I’ve collaborated on before,” said Keatinge. “I’ve long desired to work with each and every person on this creative team, and I could not be happier with the results.”
“This book is my dream book with a dream team,” said Clark. “I’m so excited to be a part, and so pumped to share!”
Prepare your palate for the high-stakes competition of The Hunger Games, steeped in the enticingly lush world-building of Hayao Miyazaki.
From the publisher that brought you similarly food-themed comics Starve and Chew…
- Lex Luthor Gets an Upgrade in Justice League #2 (SPOILERS) - June 20, 2018
- Poison Ivy Swears Off Mind Control – Before Engaging in Mind Control (Damage #6 Spoilers) - June 20, 2018
- It’s Still Tough Being Captain Marvel, Post-Civil War II - June 20, 2018
- IDW Solicits for September 2018 Begin with Star Trek Vs Transformers - June 20, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics September 2018 Solicits – Stranger Things, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Olivia Twist, Call of Duty Zombies 2, War Bears, Gamma and Joe Golem - June 20, 2018