We know that both daughters on Black Lightning will end up with super powers, and we’ve already seen some of Anissa (Nafessa Williams) in action last week. Now it looks like Jennifer (China Ann McClain) is starting to come into her own. She doesn’t have the strength of Thunder, the name Anissa evenutally uses… but Jennifer has super speed and takes the name Lightning. It may be why she was able to take on the two girls so easily.
In the clip below we see that people have just left the house and things seem a bit tense. Jefferson (Cress Williams) and Lynn (Christine Adams) are upset with Jennifer for fighting and breaking the girl’s wrist. She tries to explain that there were two girls and she barely touched her. The taking on two girls thing impresses Jefferson, and Lynn gives him a dirty look. Jennifer is confused about why she’s getting punished for defender herself. Lynn tells her it’s not for defending herself — it’s for lying and not telling her parents. Jennifer learns the tough lesson that a lie of omission is still a lie. And once Lynn leaves the room… Jefferson asks again about her taking on two girls.
Black Lightning airs tonight at 9 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Season 1, Episode 4 Recap: Call/Response - June 22, 2018
- Dynamite Brings Together Vampirella and Dejah Thoris for New Series - June 21, 2018
- Dynamite Announces ‘The Art of Troma’ Written by Fred Van Lente - June 21, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: How Will They Bring Back [Spoiler]? - June 21, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s David Morrissey Signs on to Good Omens - June 21, 2018