James Hetfield, frontman of Metallica, is going to try his hand at acting. The singer has been cast in Voltage Pictures’ upcoming film, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. The film is a thriller about the notorious serial killer Ted Bundy (Zac Efron), and Hetfield will play officer Bob Hayward, the Utah highway patrolman who was the first law enforcement offier to arrest Bundy in 1975 when he pulled Bundy over and found burglary tools in the car. Hayward suspected there was even more going on.
Hetfield has appeared as himself in some film and television projects, this will be the first time he will be taking on a role. The film is being directed by Joe Berlinger, who directed and produced the rock-documentary Metallica: Some Kind of Monster. He also wrote a book about his experience with the band called Metallica: This Monster Lives.
Besides Hetfield and Efron, the film also stars Lily Collins, John Malkovich, Jim Parsons, Haley Joel Osment, Kaya Scodelario, Angela Sarafyan, Jeffrey Donovan Terry Kinney, and Dylan Baker.
Belinger said in a statement about the casting:
“Having spent hundreds of hours behind the scenes with James and the rest of Metallica, I have experienced his charisma and powerful presence close up. It seemed only natural that he would bring that same power and magnetism to a dramatic role, so when he agreed to my pitch that he be in the movie, I was thrilled.”
Michael Werwie is writing the screenplay. No release date has been given.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018