Spectators during an NBA game in Oakland last night were treated to an unexpected display: a new God of War trailer was projected straight onto the court, which gave the whole stadium’s no real choice but to watch it. This seems like a bit of a strange venue for a God of War trailer, and we do have to wonder why Sony decided to project the trailer at the game, though the Oakland stadium is not far from Sony’s Santa Monica studio.
That said, with the large size of the court, we got a pretty neat trailer thanks to the wide, top-down view of Kratos and Atreus fighting off foes. You can take a look at the whole thing below:
— ESPN (@espn) February 11, 2018
This isn’t the only marketing stunt from Sony to advertise God of War. Earlier this month, Sony released a God of War text adventure on Facebook’s messenger application that digs into Atreus’ past.
God of War releases on April 20 for PlayStation 4. Click the banner below to peruse through all the coverage we did for Game Informer’s February cover story. Sony has already confirmed that God of War will not feature a season pass, but it might be heading into Egyptian and Mayan mythologies in the future.
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Little Ladies’ Day Brings Back the Songbirds - February 22, 2018
- Star Citizen Shows Living AI Crew from Squadron 42 in New Video - February 22, 2018
- Ubisoft Censors Nude Statues in Assassin’s Creed: Origins’ Discovery Tour - February 22, 2018
- Trump to Investigate Video Games in Relation to School Shootings - February 22, 2018
- Old School RuneScape Celebrates 5 Years of Service with New Content Update - February 22, 2018