As part of Bleeding Cool‘s never-ending mission to cover every corner of the pop culture universe — and because we have an unwavering love for dogs — we’ll be live-blogging the 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on Monday, February 12th and Tuesday, February 13th from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET; with the competition broadcast on Fox Sports 1 (FS1).
Entitled Going to the Dogs, our live-blog will cover both nights of group competition from New York City’s Madison Square Garden as well as Tuesday night’s “Best in Show” finale. We’ll be offering some funny and irreverent takes on the internationally-renowned canine competition from the perspective of someone whose “broad knowledge base” on dogs extends to never feeding them chocolate, knowing that a proper mix of wet and dry food is key, and that a tennis ball is to a dog what a large cardboard box is to an eight-year-old.
So if you want to be a part of our live-blog experience, here’s a rundown on when and where you can catch the prime time group competitions on Monday and Tuesday nights; along with some info on who will be working the broadcast for FS1:
Monday, Feb. 12, 2018: 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Group Competition will be telecast live on FS1 from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding groups)
Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018: 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Group Competition and Best in Show judging will be telecast live on FS1 from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (Sporting, Working, Terrier groups, followed by Best in Show)
● Westminster Kennel Club’s Gail Miller Bisher and veteran FOX Sports announcer Chris Myers will be providing play-by-play during FS1’s prime-time coverage, alongside longtime judge Jason Hoke.
● Jenny Taft returns as the event’s host, with FOX Sports’s Karyn Bryant also back and interviewing the Group and Best in Show winners and judges.
● Skip and Shannon: Undisputed‘s and NFL veteran Shannon Sharpe joins primetime coverage to offer personal perspectives; while The Herd with Colin Cowherd‘s Kristine Leahy joins the coverage as a prime time correspondent and to cover social engagements.
● Jennifer Hale and Rachel Bonnetta serve as floor reporters; with Bonnetta also serving as FOX Sports’ digital correspondent, streaming live hits on the FOX Sports Facebook page from behind the scenes at Madison Square Garden and from the Best In Show press conference.
Just because we’re covering the prime-time doesn’t mean there aren’t dogs for you to enjoy during the day and on other channels:
Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018
The Masters Agility Championship at Westminster Finals from Pier 94 will air on FOX – from 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST.
Monday, Feb. 12, 2018
The 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Breed Judging, Junior Showmanship Preliminaries, and Masters Obedience Championship at Westminster from Pier 92/94 will be streaming LIVE on FOX Sports GO (FSGO) and Westminsterkennelclub.org from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST (Hound, Toy, NonSporting, and Herding breeds).
Selected coverage from Pier 92/94 of Breed Judging and Masters Obedience Championship at Westminster will be telecast LIVE on Nat Geo WILD, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. EST.
Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018
The 142nd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Breed Judging and Junior Showmanship Preliminaries from Pier 92/94 will be streaming LIVE on FOX Sports GO (FSGO) and Westminsterkennelclub.org from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST (Sporting, Working and Terrier breeds).
Selected coverage of Breed Judging and Junior Showmanship Preliminaries from Pier 92/94 will be telecast LIVE on Nat Geo WILD, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. EST.
It’s 2018, so the Westminster Kennel Club does not live by television alone anymore!
Facebook: Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
YouTube: Westminster Kennel Club Official
- Taking Confession 309 ‘Schwanzkopf’: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Season 3, Episode 9 Live-Blog! - August 19, 2018
- Dead Man Blogging 410 ‘Close Your Eyes’: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Live-Blog! - August 19, 2018
- ‘American Horror Story: Apocalypse’- Ryan Murphy Tweets the Coven’s Return - August 19, 2018
- Preacher Rewind 308: A Look Back at Bleeding Cool’s Thoughts on ‘The Tom/Brady’ - August 19, 2018
- Fear the Walking Dead Rewind 409: A Look Back at Our Thoughts on ‘People Like Us’ - August 19, 2018