I’ve been with Bleeding Cool long enough now that I am doing a casting announcement for a cat. Today, executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa shared a first look photo of Salem the cat from Netflix’s adaptation of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comics. The series will start Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina and Jaz Sinclair as her best friend Rosalind.
Salem in the comic was originally just a normal, non-talking cat, but the television series made him into a talking feline with plans for world domination. That then influenced the take in the new, darker comics being published by Archie Comics.
The new series is being written by Aguirre-Sacasa and has been given a two-season, straight-to-series order. The untitled series will be more of a dark, coming-of-age tale with horror and occult aspects. Sabrina will be wrestling with her half-witch, half-mortal nature while taking on the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the world. Sabrina Spellman is described as just beginning her education as a witch while trying to maintain a normal life as a high school sophomore. She is intelligent, compassionate, and brave to the point of being reckless.
Aguirre-Sacasa will direct the drama and executive produce alongside Riverdale collaborators Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Archie Comics CEO Jon Goldwater,and Lee Toland Krieger.
— RobertoAguirreSacasa (@WriterRAS) February 9, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at Gabriel Hardman and Carlos D’Anda’s Aliens: Dust to Dust #3 Covers - March 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 15 Recap: Necromancing the Stone - March 20, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: First Look at ‘Schott Through the Heart’ - March 20, 2018
- Charlie’s Angels, Nancy Drew, and Vampirella Lead Dynamite’s June 2018 Solicitations - March 20, 2018
- George R. R. Martin Calls Syfy’s Nightflyers “Psycho in Space” - March 20, 2018