Donald Glover is in the process of taking over popular culture, and we’re all okay with that. To say that Glover has been on a roll lately would be the understatement of the century. He picked up a great supporting role in Spider-Man: Homecoming with some implications that he could easily return at a later date. Atlanta is an award-winning television show that took the world by storm. We’ll be seeing him as Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story this March, which is going to open even more doors for him. One of the things he’s working on that everyone sort of forgot about is an animated Deadpool TV show for FX. The show is supposed to drop sometime this year, but we don’t know that much about it yet. Glover recently spoke to PopCulture.com about the new show.
“That it’s funny,” he said. “That one it just seems really easy. There’s not as much to hold sacred, in a weird way. I know people love Deadpool and I know people are big comic book geeks, but it’s not the same as Lando or Atlanta, where you have a whole city on your back. Deadpool is very aware of himself, so, I don’t have to live up to anything. So it’s been actually, quite easy.”
So of all his projects, this is the one that Glover is finding the easiest to work on, which is a good thing. When you try too hard with Deadpool-style humor, it comes across — but when it’s free-flowing and easy, that’s where the brilliance comes in. Glover’s animated Deadpool show is set to drop sometime this year.
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller Searching - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and the Wasp Featurertte Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018
- Operation Finale Releases an Official Poster and 2 Images - June 22, 2018
- Amber Heard Talks About What “Excited” Her About the Role of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018