The medical staff at NBC‘s Bellevue is about to add two more names to the rotation schedule, as Doctor Who‘s Freema Agyeman and The Family Man‘s Anupam Kher are joining the rotation at the network’s new hour-long hospital drama pilot from David Schulner (Emerald City), Peter Horton (Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams) and Universal TV.
Written by Schulner, the pilot is produced by the former medical director of the famed New York City hospital, Dr. Eric Manheimer; with his memoir, Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital, serving as source material for the pilot and potential series.
Here’s what NBC has to say about Bellevue:
“The character-driven medical drama follows the new director of Bellevue Hospital, whose maverick approach disrupts the status quo while always prioritizing patient care. Located in Manhattan, Bellevue is the only hospital in the world that has the capability to treat Ebola patients, prisoners from Rikers Island and the President of the United States all under one roof.”
Agyeman’s Dr. Hana Sharpe is the lead doctor at the hospital who hasn’t practiced medicine in a while; appearing on talk shows across the country pitching Bellevue hospital, instead. Kher’s Dr. Anil Kapoor is one of the oldest doctors at the hospital. He believes the hospital needs to change – he doesn’t feel the need to change his ways along with it.
Beyond her role as Martha Jones on BBC’s international phenomenon series Doctor Who, Agyeman also appeared in Law & Order U.K. and with Kher in Netflix’s Sense8. Kher has appeared opposite Gerard Butler, Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina in The Family Man; and most recently, he starred opposite Kumail Nanjiani, Ray Romano and Holly Hunter in the critically-acclaimed film The Big Sick.
WME and Independent Talent Group represent Agyeman; while Kher is represented by LINK Entertainment, United Agents and attorney Rick Genow.
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 6, Episode 13 ‘A Very Sunny Christmas’ (Day #6) - December 18, 2018
- Disney’s Kevin Mayer: Fox Deal “Almost Done,” Netflix’s Marvel Line-Up on Disney+ “A Possibility” - December 18, 2018
- Tell Me a Story Season 2 Renewal Includes New Characters, Fairy Tales - December 18, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Renewed for Parts 3 and 4 - December 18, 2018
- Wayne’s Mark McKenna Talks Dream Role, Del Dynamic, and Pop Culture Picks (INTERVIEW) - December 18, 2018