It’s a very supernatural time for the spinoffs of What We Do in the Shadows, and while details are scarce about the FX TV series based on Taika Waititi‘s vampire film, we’ve finally got some more names on cast.
Variety reports that our favorite creature-master Doug Jones has been cast for the half-hour pilot. Even if you don’t recognize his name, you’ve seen Jones’s work. He was Billy in Hocus Pocus, Fauno in Pan’s Labyrinth, Abe Sapien in the two Hellboy films, the amphibian man in The Shape of Water, and can currently be seen as Saru on CBS ALL ACCESS’s Star Trek: Discovery. There is a good chance Doug will be playing Petyr, the very Nosferatu-looking vampire, since we’re assuming the TV series will follow the film. (Doug also give some of the bestest hugs ever.) But, it could also be a new character.
Beanie Feldstein (Lady Bird, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising) has also been announced as joining the cast, and that means that maybe the gender of one of main characters (if the show follows the film, that is) may be changed. Again, big if — they could be writing entirely new characters and just using the format of What We Do in the Shadows.
Jake McDorman (also from Oscar-nominated film Lady Bird) was previously the star of the CBS’s Limitless, and has appeared on SHOWTIME’s Shameless.
Mark Proksch is the third name announced for the cast today, and has appeared on AMC’s Better Call Saul, NBC’s The Office, This Is Us, AP Bio, and the FOX animated-live action comedy and Son of Zorn.
Previous reports have said that Jemaine Clement and Waititi will serve as executive producers — Clement serving as writer and Waititi serving as director.
Waititi had said this spinoff series would take place in America, rather than in New Zealand like the film did. Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, and Harvey Guillen have already been announced as members of the cast for the FX series.
Still no word on when we may see the show, though.
- Taika Waititi Shares First Look at 'Wellington Paranormal' TV Series
- Taika Waititi Shares Image from Set of Jojo Rabbit, Calls it "Finite War"
- Report: FX Picks Up 'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series For 10 Episode Season
- Taika Waititi Tells MTV Awards Nominating Him Was a "Big Mistake"
- Tom Hiddleston's Favorite MCU Moment, Also He Does a Brilliant Korg Impression
- Star Trek: Discovery Adds Captain Pike for Season 2
- Oscar-Nominated Film The Shape of Water and Guillermo del Toro Get Funko Pops!
- Black Panther Puma Exclusive Shoes and Apparel Coming to BAIT Saturday
- Mondo Has a Bunch of Awesome Hitchcock Posters for Sale Today
- Legion Will Return to Blow Our Minds on April 3rd
- FX Puts Pilot Commitment On 'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Show
- Star Trek: Discovery Pics Show the Lighter Side of Starfleet
- FINALLY, Some What We Do in the Shadows Spinoff Details
- Kathleen Kennedy Talks Taika Waititi Directing a Star Wars Film
- [SPOILERS] Taika Waititi Already Knows How He'd Open Thor 4
- Jemaine Clement Scares Little Kids To Promote Rio 2
- D23 2019: Event Dates, Ticket Sales, and More Revealed - August 16, 2018
- Fathom Events is Bringing ‘Jurassic Park’ Back to Theaters - August 16, 2018
- One Way Carlton Cuse Would Be “Okay” with a ‘LOST’ Reboot - August 16, 2018
- ‘Westworld’ Creative Team Talk Season 2 Reactions and “F***ing Killing Robots” - August 16, 2018
- ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Film Was Going to Use Tatooine as Setting - August 16, 2018