The man who brought you Eltingville is back, with a murder mystery set in a school of sorcery.
Evan Dorkin and Veronica Fish have Blackwood, a new comic book series from Dark Horse.
Blackwood College is far from your average university. Instead of meeting your general education requirements and rushing Kappa Kappa Whatever, you’ll instead find yourself trained in the occult and dealing with an undead dean’s curse, a mischievous two-headed mummy-chimp, and a plague of mutant insects. At least, that’s what happens when four teens with haunted pasts enroll at Blackwood to enhance their supernatural abilities. On top of the pressures of college life, they discover an ancient evil that forces them to undergo a crash course in the occult for the sake of the world!
The first issue of Blackwood features a beautiful variant cover by Becky Cloonan with subsequent variant covers by Tyler Crook, Declan Shalvey, and Jordie Bellaire.
Blackwood #1 (of four) goes on sale May 30, 2018 and will be in next month’s Previews.
- EVO 2018 Releases Their Full Game Tournament Lineup
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, DC and Marvel Comics, Spring 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Big Hero 6’s Gus Vasquez Needs a Hero of His Own - July 15, 2018
- Zenescope Brings a Different Flavour to Women In Comics Panels at San Diego Comic-Con - July 15, 2018
- Mike Holman and Lee Thompson Promoted at Diamond Comics UK in John Hitchen’s Absence - July 15, 2018
- Doctor Who’s Back – And She’s Bringing That Same Copy of The Beano With Her - July 15, 2018