The Riverdale spinoff series featuring Sabrina the Teenage Witch is moving forward as Jaz Sinclair has been cast to play opposite series star Kiernan Shipka. Sinclair (The Vampire Diaries) joins the Netflix series as Rosalind Walker, the brash, empowered and outspoken daughter of Greendale’s minister and Sabrina’s best friend at Baxter High. Ministers are always so cool with witches, I’m sure that won’t be a problem later.
The new series is being written by Riverdale showrunner and Archie Comics chief creative officer, Robert Aguirre-Sacasa, and has been given a two-season, straight to series order. The untitled series will be more of a dark, coming-of-age tale with horror and occult aspects. Sabrina will be wrestling with her half-witch, half-mortal nature while taking on the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the world. Sabrina Spellman is described as just beginning her education as a witch while trying to maintain a normal life as a high school sophomore. She is intelligent, compassionate, and brave to the point of being reckless.
Aguirre-Sacasa will direct the drama and executive produce alongside Riverdale collaborators Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Archie Comics CEO Jon Goldwater, and Lee Toland Krieger.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018