We’ve been wondering when Blizzard would get around to doing their next Lunar event for Overwatch, otherwise known as the Chinese New Year event, and we finally got an answer today via Twitter. The next event will be kicking off on February 8th, celebrating the Year of the Dog.
🎊 Wishing you prosperity in the Year of the Dog! 🎊
Lunar New Year returns February 8. pic.twitter.com/DCcUSF5Urm
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) February 2, 2018
Now a couple things to keep in mind here: we haven’t seen what they’re doing as far as special skins and whatnot from loot boxes, but you can be sure it will probably be like the last batch where the previous year’s special items will be available at half the original cost is coins, while the new hotness will cost you an arm and a leg. Which is fine, some of us really just want to pick up those Mei skins. No word yet if there will be any new modes to fight in for the arcade, and there’s no official timeline yet as to how many weeks this will be running. Best bet for those of you trying to rack up as many boxes as possible, you got two weeks minimum, three weeks at best.
- Overwatch Reveals More Details on Next Event and a New Map
- Overwatch's Patch Brings Huge Mercy Nerf and Xbox One X 4K Support
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Seoul Dynasty vs. New York Excelsior
- Blizzard Is Using Social Media To Hunt Down Toxic Overwatch Players
- Overwatch League Player Fined $1K For Obscene Jesture
- Blizzard Insists Overwatch Loot Box Drop Rates have not Changed
- Listening For Changes: We Review Razer’s Electra V2 - March 22, 2018
- KFC Partners with Twitch for a PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Event - March 22, 2018
- Twitch and Shout! Factory Partner for a ReBoot Marathon - March 22, 2018
- Sonic The Hedgehog Fan is Creating a “Sonic Maker” Project - March 22, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Will be Taxing You When You Die - March 22, 2018