I just finished Richard K. Morgan novel Altered Carbon and I’m really looking forward to the Netflix series debuting next weekend. Another one of our folks here has already seen it the premiere, but I’m holding out to binge watch the series at once. It’s a sci-fi / mystery in the style of Blade Runner where people are saved on a chip, called a stack, and can be put into a new body, called a sleeve, when their old body dies. Some people have been alive for hundreds of years… and when one of them supposedly committed suicide, he brings back one of the last ‘Envoys’ (sort of a super soldier/detective) to find out why.
In a new behind-the-scenes video released by Netflix, we get to see some of the fighting used in the series. Judging by some of the scenes, they have expanded quite a bit from the source material… but it looks good to me.
The series stars Joel Kinnaman as Takeshi Kovacs, the Envoy, brought back to solve the suicide of Laurens Bancroft played by James Purefoy. The series also stars Kristin Lehman, Martha Higareda, Dichen Lachman and Matt Frewer in a role that will remind folks of his days at Max Headroom.
Altered Carbon premieres February 2nd on Netflix.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018