Writer Joe Henderson, also known as the showrunner of Fox’s Lucifer, and artist Lee Garbett, who drew the Lucifer comic for DC as well as similarly themed Loki: Agent of Asgard for Marvel, team up for an all-new gravity-defying comic book series in Skyward.
“Skyward is my all of my favorite things mashed together,” said Henderson. “It’s a coming-of-age story filled with action and humor, devastation and hope. It explores a world turned upside down, where anyone can leap tall buildings with a single bound… but if you jump too high, you die. And getting to see Lee Garbett bring it to glorious life is a dream come true.”
In SKYWARD, gravity on Earth suddenly becomes a fraction of what it is now. Twenty years later, humanity has adapted to its new, low-gravity reality. For one Willa Fowler—a woman born just after the fateful “G-day”—life after gravity it pretty awesome. Until she accidentally stumbles into a dangerous plan to bring gravity back. A plan that could get her killed…
Garbett added: “When I first read the pitch for Skyward it felt like fate had had a hand in putting it my way. Like it had been written for me and designed to push all my buttons. Joe Henderson’s script—as well as that killer high-concept—was so rich, his characters so warm and full of life, that I was hooked and holding on to this baby with both hands like it was chained to the ground on G-Day. I hope the readers will have the same experience.”
SKYWARD is an adventure-filled exploration of our world turned upside down and a young woman’s journey to find her place in it. Published by Image Comics, it will be out on Wednesday, April 18th.
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018
- Valiant Entertainment to Publish ‘The Forgotten Queen’ - October 22, 2018
- Geoff Weber Adds Depth to The Scientists by Thinking Inside the Box - October 22, 2018
- Unboxing the Beatles Yellow Submarine Graphic Novel Special Gift Set from Titan Comics With My Dad - October 22, 2018