I am more than a little shocked that this is the scene from tonight’s episode of Black Lightning that the CW has released. It is a strong, powerful scene that addresses the decision Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) has in front of him, to keep trying to repair the dream of a family and help the people of Freeland as a principal or to suit up again as Black Lightning and put his life on the line every night. This scene definitely has spoilers for the episode, so don’t go any further if you don’t want to know.
The scene features Jefferson and Lynn (Christine Adams) in a room with the TV on. The news is showing the police removing a body from what looks to be the same apartment building that Black Lightning rescued his daughters from the previous episode. The dead woman is LaWanda White (Tracey Bonner) a former student whose daughter was also taken by the 100. She had come to Jefferson asking why Black Lightning only saved his daughters and not hers. Her death greatly affects Jefferson. This is something he could have prevented had he suited up again. His decision to focus on family cost his former student her life… or at least that’s how he sees it. He tells Lynn flat out that there is no more time for maybes, its time for Black Lightning to return.
Black Lightning airs tonight at 9 p.m. ET on the CW.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018