No sooner had NIS American announced that Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana would be coming to PC, the company had to double back on that statement and delay the January 30th release. Below is a statement and an apology issued by the company’s Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mitsuharu Hiraoka, which doesn’t touch on the Nintendo Switch version that was also announced, explaining why the game won’t be out this month. However, the PS4 and Vita versions will still come out in two weeks.
“Low framerate issues and memory leak problems were apparent from the earliest PC builds we received. To help combat these, we looked into the drawing processes, which lead to an overall improvement in performance. However, we are still encountering framerate drops in specific circumstances. The systems regulating these framerate issues are heavily reliant on the architecture of the original PlayStation 4 version and, as such, are not existent in PC architecture. The memory leak issues are somewhat less complicated and expected to be resolved this weekend. But in order to solve these issues, we have determined that we must modify the core level of data in the game.
As the PC version of the game was originally envisioned as a port, we avoided touching the core programming as much as possible and focused on PC performance optimization. However, in light of the feedback of those who have participated in the second beta test, we have concluded that we cannot avoid modifying the core programming.
Once the changes from the relocalization efforts have been implemented at the end of this month, we will be moving development to an entirely different developer who will primarily focus on frame rate improvements as well as other PC optimizations. Once that process begins, we will monitor the progress and determine the release schedule. We will also be sure to give regular updates to our progress.
Again, we truly regret that we underestimated the severity of the issues that have surfaced (and how long it would take to resolve them), and for that, NIS America sincerely apologizes to all of you for this unexpected delay. We are fully aware of how much our fans have been anticipating this release, and will do our very best to launch the game the way it is meant to be launched: without any issues, game-breaking bugs, or errors.
If you have made a pre-purchase on Steam and would like a refund due to this delay, please use the link provided.
For any purchases or pre-orders made outside of the Steam channel, please contact the corresponding refund support for that channel.
Thank you very much for your understanding, support, and patience through this time.”
- The Next Ys Game is in Development at Nihon Falcom
- Ys VIII Fans Are Voicing Their Displeasure of the Steam Port
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Will Come to PC Next Week
- NIS America Releases a New Trailer for Penny-Punching Princess
- Ys VIII Will Be Coming To PC This April
- Nike Is Introducing a Pair of PlayStation Shoes in February
- The 21st Annual DICE Award Nominees Are Here
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Will Hit PC on January 30th
- Rumored Details Of A Nintendo Switch Pokémon Game Surfaces
- The Weekly Static S01E19: Cool Toys, a Legendary Jesus and XFL v2.0
- WATCH: Kelly Marie Tran's Audition for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks - October 21, 2018
- Tekken 7: Fated Retribution – Round 2 Will Hit Japan in February - October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft Shutting Down Online Services for a Few Old Titles - October 21, 2018
- Horses Will Permanently Die in Red Dead Redemption 2 - October 21, 2018
- Agony Unrated is Back On and Coming This Halloween - October 21, 2018